Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Needlework Tuesday

I missed posting a Needlework Tuesday update last week because of extra hours at work that left little time for writing or crafting.  But, here's a brief look at what I have accomplished recently.

I posted previously about two projects I made as part of the May Pin It/Do It Challenge:  Mason jar skirts and the 10-Minute Table Runner.  I also made progress on my second prayer quilt.  This is the quilt made from the incredible stack of black and white prints I received through a swap with another quilter.  

I had hoped to have it ready for delivery this weekend but again, drat those extra work hours!  However, the top is pieced and it about half of the ties are in, so hopefully next week I'll be able to show you the finished project.  Here's the quilt top before I started tying.
Visit Heater @ Books and Quilts to see what everyone else is stitching this week or to link up your own Needlework Tuesday post.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining me for Needlework Tuesday. Your quilt looks so lovely. The reds set of the black and white so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Tami! I love the graphic qualities of the B&W prints and how well it works with the red cross.

    I haven't done any crafting/needlework this week...again. Too much yard work to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is gorgeous!! Such a good job Tami!! I don't plan to sew til Saturday and then I will begin sewing together my bandanas. I also want to do a quilt or comforter for both of the kids's families - so I will be talking to them for ideas on what they might like. We need a quilting day soon!! Again I love your summer reading plan from yesterday's post and of course - onward and upward on her quest for healthy living!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. correction: OUR quest for healthy living!

      Delete