Monday, October 19, 2009

November Novella Selections

We have pinned down three of the four novellas we plan to read for the November Novella Challenge. Dave selected "Animal Farm" by George Orwell and "Mist" by Stephen King. I was originally considering a couple of the new holiday books just in at the library, but since this is a joint effort, decided to spare Dave the holiday sap. My first choice is Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" - one of my favs that I've read many times - and.....something else. I'm having a little difficulty with that final decision. Many of Agatha Christies stories fit into the novella category, so they made the short list, but I also have a couple "interactive" mysteries sitting on the shelf that I've never gotten around to reading and they would be great fun to do together. You know the type - whenever the detective discovers a clue it is contained in the book - an actual letter, newspaper clipping, stamp, etc. Fortunately I still have two weeks left to make the final list. If you haven't signed up for the novella challenge, hop over to http://www.bibliofreakblog.com/ and get the details. Then find someone you love and share your love of reading.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to do this one but then realized my mom is coming to visit almost all month and I probably would be biting off more than I can chew -- even though they are short. Have fun --- and I like the whole team approach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read Animal Farm, but that's because I hated 1984 so much. I hope you guys enjoy it! :)

    There are some Christmas challenges going around that you could use A Christmas Carol for as well.

    ReplyDelete