Thursday, May 12, 2011

What Was I Thinking?

 Ever wake up the morning after and wonder "What in the world was I thinking?"  And I wasn't even drinking when I agreed to this!  

This is Gabby, the newest member of our family.  After losing Josie a few weeks ago, Dave needed a new companion for rides in the pickup, so we began searching shelters for a dog we could rescue.  For reasons beyond my comprehension now, we chose Gabby - a mix of yellow lab and something else, perhaps St. Bernard, Mastiff...Sasquatch.  Yesterday we drove to Iowa to bring her home. 


She is beautiful.  When she runs it's like watching a horse - rippling muscles and thundering feet.  She is also adorable, funny... ill-mannered, overly-enthusiastic and totally lacking in social skills.  She wants to kiss everyone she meets, so she jumps in order to be nose-to-nose.  Not such a good idea since she weighs 75+ pounds (and she's not full grown) and throws her entire body into the kiss.  And she ate my shoe last night!
Our other dog, Molly, loves to play fetch, so Gabby has invented her own game.  I throw the frisbee, Molly chases the frisbee, Gabby chases Molly.  This game annoys Molly, but as long as Gab doesn't try to take her frisbee, she'll play along.


Stay tuned for more episodes of Clifford [Gabby] the Big Red Dog.  This should be interesting.  What was I thinking?


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the family Gabby! Come and meet Roy and Dodger!! Bring Molly!

    ReplyDelete