Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Oooh, I Totally Forgot . . .

Remember a few days ago when I wrote a post about quotes and revealed that, shockingly, I have no organized way of keeping track of lines/passages I want to remember from books?  Here's proof.  I was listening to the audio version of "The Other Side of the Story" (see previous post) and there was a line that may be the most perfect line every written.  Seriously, I had to pause the CD and wait until I was in the grocery store parking lot, then replay it repeatedly until I got it saved on my Nook.  

Whew! Quote safely saved where I can find it and include it in my review.  But I forgot that I saved it until last night when I was cleaning out lists on Fliq Notes (excellent app, by the way).  So here it is:

Jo-Jo Harvey is filling out a questionnaire to be used in a magazine article featuring her:

Q: What five things could you not live without?
A: Fresh air, sleep, food, a circulatory system, and books.

Thank you, Marian Keyes, for the perfect description of a book-lover's life.

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote!!! I love that books are a necessity!

    ReplyDelete