Friday, June 22, 2012

Wicked Wildfire Read-A-Thon Update

So far, I have completed two books and read approximately half of #3.  Ok, it's true that I was past the half-way point on both of the first two before the read-a-thon started, but that's beside the point.  My goal was to finish 7 books - 5 of which were already started.  So, I finished the two on my Nook but then my Nook charger bit the dust, so I can't complete the third until the new charger arrives - approximately Tuesday.  I had also intended to complete the audio book in my car - but my car got backed into in a parking lot and is spending the week at the body shop - with the audio book.  I have a paperback book to finish but, for some reason, rather than doing that, I started a whole new book.  Cause I'm rash and unpredictable that way.  

Dave and I are leaving this afternoon to visit Son at college, which means we'll have 8 hours of car time to read something - hopefully Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich will be in today's mail.  Otherwise, I'll have to scour the TBR pile for something Dave could deal with.  Speaking of our trip - other than travel hours, my reading time will be limited for the duration of the read-a-thon, so it's not looking promising for my goal.

However, I've had fun so far - entered three challenges, attended a Twitter party and met cool new people. And I'll keep plugging along to catch up with my Goodreads goal by the end of June - I've read 34 out of the needed 37, so I've still got a shot.  But only if I get off the computer...

1 comment:

  1. My reading is not going as planned either! Only 5% in on book 2! In my defence though I have a cold and I'm feeling sorry for myself! I have a Goodreads goal of 75 this year and I'm about 20 books behind for the midway point!! Eek!

    ReplyDelete