Monday, September 24, 2012

In My Best Pinterest . . .

Are you a Pinterest addict?  If so, it's time to stop making "wish lists" and start making those wishes come true.  Trish, of Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity is sponsoring the "Pin It/Do It Challenge" during the month of October.  The concept is pretty basic - make or do some of the things you have pinned; give/receive encouragement from other pinners, and maybe get some ideas for future projects.  If you want to give it a try, visit Trish's blog to sign up (link above).

Trish offers three levels of participation to coincide with your level of enthusiasm.  I am signing up for the "Pin Obsessed" level, which is to accomplish 8 or more pins. I created a "Pin it/Do it Challenge" board with all the things I thought I might actually try.  There are twenty-one pins on it and there's no way I'm going to get to them all, but my hope is to get some Christmas gifts made, try a new recipe or two, and finally hang some bedroom curtains (we've only lived here 18 months).  Here's what I have lined up:

Sewing
  • Book marks
  • Coasters
  • Business card holders - to hold all those "rewards" cards stores give out.
  • Potholders
  • Casserole Carriers
  • Placemats/table runners
  • Coffee Cup Cozies
  • Bottle "aprons"
  • Bedroom curtains
Cooking - low calorie/low fat recipes:
  • Ranch Dressing
  • Strawberry Muffins 
  • Skinny Monkey Cookies
  • Weight Watchers Taco Soup
DIY Projects and Other Crafts:
  • Spoon Ring
  • TV Tray Ironing Board
  • Curtain Headboard
  • Christmas Gift Tags
  • Gratitude Journal
  • Book Page Christmas Trees
Decorating:  Candy Corn Candle

Activities:  Nature Treasure Hunt (with kids/grandkids)

If you want to try any of these projects, you can find them on my Pinterest Challenge board.  

8 comments:

  1. You are awesome!! and I love seeing the variety of pins here--cooking, crafting, decorating and activities!

    And if it makes you feel better we're coming up on 3 years of living in my house and my husband still harps on me to decorate.

    thanks for joining Tami!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute challenge! Never heard of a Pinterest one before! I am on it, but I go in spurts with spending lots of time there and then am not on it for weeks. Great ideas out there though! Good luck with the challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm joining in for the first time. I can't wait to see what you decide to do!
    You can check out my PI & DI Post Here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did it in August and managed 2, so I should probably sign up again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can already see that this will be another challenge where I will add more pins from seeing what other people have done than I could possible actually accomplish during the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm stealing pins off your board! What a great assortment. I might have to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sewing projects! Can't wait to see which crafts and foods you pick to try!

    ReplyDelete