Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Wearin' of the Green . . .

There wasn't a lot of green in evidence and no one knew all the words to O Danny Boy, but it was a bonny evening at our local pub.  I prepared the corned beef and cabbage, the owners supplied potatoes and dessert - and beer, of course.  



Warren and Dave try out the corned beef.
We ended the evening with a cut-throat game of pitch (which Warren and I won) - and a lot of laughs.  

Dear Lord,
Give me a few friends
who will love me for what I am,
and keep ever burning
before my vagrant steps
the kindly light of hope...
And though I come not within sight
of the castle of my dreams,
teach me to be thankful for life,
and for time's olden memories
that are good and sweet.
And may the evening's twilight
find me gentle still.
                                  - Irish Blessing

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice time. I made corned beef and cabbage, we loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great evening with friends!!

    ReplyDelete