Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tangled Thursday: Here Comes The Sun

Heather @ Books and Quilts, our gracious host for Tangled Thursdays, has been feeling a little chilly.  More than a foot of snow and below 0 (F) temperatures have her longing for sunshine and heat, so her Zentangle challenge for this week was "sun":
Draw a sun and fill it with tangles, or draw tangles in the shape of a sun.  Do what you need to make the sun shine.  Add some sunny colors if you want, but make it hot and sunny.
Since we've had our share of teeth-chattering temperatures lately, I jumped on this challenge with enthusiasm.

I drew standard suns - 

Too blah.
I drew colorful suns - 
Too much!
I drew abstract suns -  
Too wild.
I even drew a beach scene - 


But nothing was giving me that warm, fuzzy feeling.    My favorite of the lot was this one.  
\
I think it strikes the best balance of design and color.  I added some shading to give it a more dimensional look.  I'm not sure it quite overcomes the 17 degree (F) weather this morning, but it's a step in the right direction.







3 comments:

  1. Tami these are wonderful and very warming, I think I like the standard and abstract suns best, but then again, love the beach scene. All those brilliant sun rays. Thanks for linking up for Tangled Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice! I like them all. My favourite would be the last one, but I also really like the abstract and colourful ones. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooo love them all - but always gotta go with a beach scene!! Beautiful all of them! I could feel the heat shining through!

    ReplyDelete