Saturday, April 26, 2014

Mid-Event Meme

1.  What are you reading right now?  "Bellman and Black" by Diana Setterfield

2.  How many books have you read so far?  I haven't completed any books because I jump around a lot.  I have read from 3 books, and I have several more lined up for later into the night.

3.  What book are you most looking forward to in the second half?  The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler

4.  Did you have to may any special arrangements to free up your whole day?  Since my children are grown and out of the house, I don't usually have to make many arrangements.  However, this year it turned out that I got called away for a family crisis and was gone all of last week.  I was worried that I wouldn't make it home in time.  I arrived at 8:00 last night.

5.  Have you had many interruptions and how do you deal with those?  Poorly!  :)  Having been gone for a week, there are lots of household chores that need to be done and I have been trying to work on them in small doses, but they have taken up more time than I anticipated.  I have also been interrupted by phone calls, but not much I can do about that.

6.  What surprises you most about the readathon so far?  How quickly time flies!

7.  Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the readathon next time? If Andi and Heather could figure out how to insert more minutes into each hour so I have time to do all the things - that would be great!

8.  What would you do differently next year?  Hire a maid beforehand and take the phone off the hook.

9.  Are you getting tired yet?  Nope

10.  Do you have any tips for other readers?  Don't try to do everything.  If you try to do all the challenges, visit all the blogs and chat on Twitter, you won't have time to read.  And don't be intimidated by readers who are posting huge numbers of books and/or pages read.  They are the exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment