Saturday, April 25, 2015

Mini Challenge: Classic Words of Wisdom

Allie at A Literary Odyssey is kicking off the hourly mini-challenges by asking us to share our favorite words of wisdom from a classic novel.  I have to admit that I've only read a handful of classics, and most of them weren't my favorites.  However, Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol is one of my all-time favorites since childhood, when I listened to Lionel Barrymore read it on a 33-rpm record album.  I re-read it each year in December.   Mr. Scrooge leaves us with these words that should be a goal for all of us.

3 comments:

  1. A Christmas Carol is the only Dickens I've read but I keep meaning to read more because I loved it so much. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Dickens. He was a man of his time and a man for all seasons.

    ReplyDelete