Tuesday, November 10, 2015

To Blog or Not to Blog

image courtesy of auditel.co.uk
I seem to have abandoned the blog for the last six months.  I have actually gone for weeks on end without even thinking about it.  So I sat myself down to re-evaluate how I'm spending my days, and do I have the time/desire to continue blogging.  

It has been a year of huge changes for us.  Buying a business and "retiring" from my previous job turned life on it's ear.  We have now made it through the first year and the fog is starting to clear.  I can see a general scheme http://auditel.co.uk/that life will now follow.  I won't bore you with all the plans floating around in my head for how I will better manage those responsibilities next year.  The point is that even in the midst of all the new responsibilities, there needs to be some "me time".   However, the variety of "me time" activities has got to be streamlined.  I can't keep up with a dozen different crafts, reading, journaling, Facebook, puzzles, and blogging; but what am I willing to let go?  

I am willing to let go of a variety of crafts, focusing on the ones I enjoy most; I'm willing to cut time devoted to several other activities; I'm willing to forgo eating broccoli completely; but I am NOT willing to give up blogs - writing or reading.  Many of you who stop here regularly, and whose blogs I visit in return, have been friends for several years.  Those of you who have just recently begun to stop by - if you haven't given up on my already - are new friends that I want to get to know.  So, blogging is moving back to the top of my to-do list.  I don't guarantee that every post will be riveting, or even interesting, but there will be chatter about crafts, books, family and random happenings, so please come back.  And thanks for sticking with me.

9 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat, Tami, with respect to blogging. I've been busy with other things so my blog has taken a back seat this year. I, however, haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. I'd love to say I'm going to step it up and post more, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. I haven't been commenting much either, but please know that I read each of your posts.

    I just submitted a friend request for you on Facebook. Hope that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tami, I know how you feel. I have so many 'things' on my plate, hobbies I want to get back to (blogging being one of them) that sometimes I want to just walk away from it all. I don't seem to have enough hours in a day! But I need to set priorities and decide which ones are the most important and meaningful to me. I love blogging but sort of lost my mojo after my daughter passed away three years ago. Hence the reason I rarely visit anyone in the blog world anymore. But your email caught my eye and I just had to stop by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And in case you didn't know, I ditched 'duhpaynes' and changed my URL to annepayne.blogspot.com
      That might have been a mistake but I refuse to go back. It's onward from here on out!

      Delete
  3. All will come in time. It is all about balance and growing. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss your blog. I miss mine. Glad you are continuing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you here! I totally understand the struggle with balance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Broccoli, huh. There is only so much time in the day and energy to go around. I'd be keeping sewing and knitting, reading of course. I'm going to pass on housekeeping.

    Take care and enjoy what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog posts and have enjoyed many a book based on your recommendations. Glad to see you are deciding to continue. I do check you periodically for updates. I just posed this question to my husband the other day. "I have not posted lately. Does that mean I am too busy to post? Or does that mean when I am posting I am not doing interesting enough stuff to warrant a post?" It is about balance. But if blogging is "me time" for you (which it is for me) then the topic is not as important as the way writing about it makes you feel. Your readers will follow and some posts will resonate with some readers some time and with other readers another time. This is not a test and you are not being graded. I will continue to check back. You are in my "blogs I follow" list that conveniently tells me how long since the last post so I think to myself.. aah, new business is keeping her busy. Still cooking for all those guys?


    ReplyDelete