Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Needlework Tuesday

I have an issue with obsessing on a craft and ignoring all others.  At the moment, a stack of sewing projects are patiently waiting while I try every single knitting project on Pinterest.  

Issue #2:  My minute attention span tends to lead to a stack of half-done projects because I want to try the next one.  

Because my knitting skills are still in the beginning stages, most of the projects get started, goofed up, restarted, goofed up . . . .   All in all, not a lot of progress.  I do have a growing stack of dishcloths that need to be blocked and have the ends woven in; and the beginning of a scarf.



I'm working the "Feather and Fan" pattern in a soft, cotton yarn - ecru with purple and green flecks.  I think I will complete the scarf in two pieces, joined at the center so that both ends will be scalloped in the same direction.

But before I got this scarf finished, I found the "Waves" pattern and couldn't wait to try it.

I have struggled mightily with this pattern.  I have restarted this project at least 15 times - no exagerations!  The luxurious, red "Touch of Silk" yarn to too gorgeous to waste, so it is back in a ball and waiting for me to either find a new project, or get the patience to try this again. Do other knitters have patterns that they just can't seem to get right?

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather at Books and Quilts.  Visit Heather to see what others are stitching this week.


2 comments:

  1. I have started several crochet and knitting projects only to stop because I couldn't get the pattern right. But then again, I an as you said you are...my attention gets snagged by something else and off I go to try something else.

    Tami, I was looking for a way to subscribe to your blog again but can't find it. Do you have a subscriber button hidden somewhere? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Tami. A few patterns have given me some trouble, but none of them have stumped me completely. That is, with some time away or with help from the internet I figure out the pattern enough to be able to continue.

    What's happening with the Waves pattern? I think I found the pattern that you are using on your Pinterest board. Did you watch the video? http://www.knittingstitchpatterns.com/2014/09/overlapping-waves.html?m=1 If not, it might be a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete